Height and Weight: 25 1/2 inches tall and 16 pounds 6 ounces
Health: Excellent health!
Sleep: We have transitioned to three naps a day and an earlier bedtime. He goes to bed at 7:30 pm, I feed him at 10 ish before I go to bed (he stays asleep while he nurses...I don't know how this works but it's awesome), wakes up around 3 to nurse and then wakes up for the day at 6:30 am. He naps from around 8:30-10 (though sometimes its only til 9:30, sometimes til 10:30... we are strict about bedtime and wake up time but a little more flexible with naps), naps again from around noon to 2 and then 4 to 5. He can stay awake for 2 hours at a time now and loves playing!
Diet: Mama's Milk
Nicknames: Juderbug, Baby Bug, Bug, Babes, Mr. Jude, Buggaboo, Love Bug, Punkin, Juderlove, Baby Goobs, Baby Goose, Little Love, Munchkin...
How is this kid ever going to know his real name?
- waking up...almost always with a big smile!
- standing with our help
- his jumper
- pulling Mommy's hair
- walks and hikes in his ergo
- snuggles and hugs
- Mr. Penguin
- chewing his hands
- chewing our hands
- chewing cloth wipes
- chewing his bibs
- his activity gym
- being outside
- spitting up
- story time
- diaper changes
- naked time
- yoga with Daddy
- strumming the guitar
- playing with toys
- getting dressed for bedtime
- when we stop moving and he is in his ergo/wrap/stroller
Milestones and Firsts:
- First flight! A few weeks ago we flew to California to visit my aunt and uncle. It was a perfect first flight since it was less than two hours long. On the way there he nursed, played in daddy's lap and then slept in the carrier. When we landed he made a little sound and the people around us were surprised to know we had a baby because he had been so quiet! On the way back Jude and I flew just the two of us (Sam stayed in San Francisco for a few days for work) and he nursed and then slept the whole time. Didn't make a sound. Excellent little travel baby!
- He can roll tummy to back and went through a stage where he did it all the time. Now he seems uninterested in rolling because he does a little crawling motion. Moving on to new things!
- He is giggling and had a real laugh just the other day.
- He has started reaching for his toes.
- He can hold onto and shake a maraca.
- He can sit in his high chair if we stuff a blanket in there for some extra support.
- He sits in his ergo with his legs out now.
- He opens his mouth for kisses.
Things I don't want to forget:
- The way he stares into my eyes and babbles "agooo, ahhhh, aggggaaa" after I finish nursing him.
- The way he scoots off the towel as quickly as possibly during naked time and then looks at us and smiles.
- The way he stared up at the redwoods in Muir Woods when he realized we weren't going to put the sun hood on his ergo over him. He is used to bright and sunny Utah where we always use the sun hood when we are outside!
- The way he stared at everything in the grocery store the first time I was wearing him and he wasn't asleep.
- The way he grins at me in the morning when he wakes up.
- The way he smiles when Daddy comes home from work.
- The wide-eyed look he gave me when I was trying to entertain him in the car (Sam was driving) and had his hippo toy "bop" him on the nose. So surprised!
- The way he yells when he is happy and excited.
- The way he grabs our hands to chew on them.
- The way he snuggles and holds my hand against his chest when I pull him into bed with me in the morning or take a nap with him.
- The way he uses one hand to push the other hand into his mouth.
- The way Wyatt helped me burp him, gave him hugs and gave him high fives upon meeting him.
- The way he grins during our baby yoga sessions.
- His wide eyed looks and gasps during story time.
- His calm, serene demeanor when we are relaxing in the mountains during a hike.
- The way he moves his arms and legs in a crawling motion during tummy time.
- The way he covers his eyes with his arm while he is nursing.
- How excited he gets when he is about to eat. Kid loves to eat!
- The way he kicks like crazy in the bath tub.
- How he stands up when Daddy says, "1, 2, 3...STAND!" and holds his arms.
- His "toad face"
- The way he sticks out his tongue.
- When he wiped his spit up covered face on my face and giggled when we were at lunch with friends.
- The way he clasps his hands together when he is being thoughtful.
- The way he sings along with Daddy's singing.