Health: Excellent health and happy as always.
Sleep: Usually three naps per day: one morning, one midday and one late afternoon. He is wanting to take shorter naps these days so we are working on that. We are also working on making sure he can go down for naps in his pack and play (he usually sleeps in our bed) as we are looking forward to ski season aka grandma gets to babysit! He is sleeping really well at night. He goes down at 7:30, wakes up once or twice to nurse and then wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30. The whole time Daddy was in Berlin he woke up at 7:30! I really needed that. Thanks, baby boy.
Diet: Mama's Milk. He is getting more interested in food though so we will probably be starting that in the next few weeks!
Nicknames: Juderbug, Baby Bug, Bug, Babes, Mr. Jude, Buggaboo, Love Bug, Punkin, Juderlove, Baby Goobs, Baby Goose, Little Love, Munchkin, Dumpling, Baby Boy, Little One
- grabbing hair
- grabbing faces
- chewing noses
- open mouth kisses
- being outside
- watching leaves
- putting everything in his mouth
- chewing his hands
- chewing bibs
- rolling onto his tummy
- splashing in the bath
- jumping in arms and in jumper
- reading books
- chewing and holding board books
- turning pages
- smacking guitars
- getting dressed for bedtime
- sitting still
- being put down in pack and play (sometimes)
Milestones and Firsts:
- He has found his feet! When we support him in a sitting position he likes to grab his toes! He also puts his feet in the air when lying on his back and grabs them.
- He rolled over back to tummy for the first time on August 31.
- Full belly laughs!
- His dexterity has improved so much this last month. He can grab things off the floor or out of our hands with one or both of his hands and brings them right to his mouth. He can even move things from one hand to the other!
- He is a very good supported sitter and can balance for a few seconds if put in a sitting position.
Things I don't want to forget:
- The time I went into the bathroom for a minute and came back and he was holding one of the legs of his activity gym.
- The way he laughs when Daddy "noms" his hands.
- The way he grins when we say "good morning."
- The sweet little face he makes when he falls asleep nursing and closes his mouth.
- The way he plays with his ear when he is nursing.
- The way he laughs and giggles when we kiss his neck and tummy.
- His happy little naked dance.
- The way he spits out his pacifier and puts his lips on mine when we are sleeping.
- The way he yells with delight when he is jumping.
- The way he wraps his legs around our arms when he is lying on his back.
- The way he puts his feet together in the air.
- They way he giggled while peeing all over me on his changing table.
- The way he falls asleep on my chest.
- The way he holds my hand in his sleep.
- How excited he was when Daddy got home from Berlin!
- When Daddy handed him each bar of chocolate he brought back from Germany and Jude put each chocolate bar (wrapped) straight into his mouth.
- When he pulls away while nursing just to grin at me.
- The way he jumps on our laps.
- The way he giggles when Daddy talks about important and serious things.
- The way he squeals with delight in the morning when we look at him.
- The way he chews on Mr. Penguin's beak.
- The way he cheered for Utah while watching his first Utah vs. BYU game.
- The way he tries to eat blankets.
- The way he looks around curiously while on hikes in the mountains.