Health: Excellent health!
Sleep: He has been napping so well! We have been working on him falling asleep by himself in his crib for naps. He takes three naps a day and they are usually for 1-2 hours each. He can be up for 2-3 hours at a time now and loves playing! At night he usually wakes up once but every once in awhile he wakes up a few times in the night. He is very snuggly these days and gives lots of hugs and kisses all night long.
Diet: This kid loves food! He still nurses about 6 times a day and also eats food 3 meals a day. He loves bananas, applesauce, peaches, pears, yogurt, peas, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, green beans and zucchini! The only things he hasn't loved are eggs and avocado.
Nicknames: Juderbug, Baby Bug, Bug, Babes, Mr. Jude, Buggaboo, Love Bug, Punkin, Juderlove, Baby Goobs, Baby Goose, Little Love, Munchkin, Dumpling, Baby Boy, Little One
- doing yoga with us
- splashing in the tub while sitting up like a big kid!
- rolling back on his tummy when Daddy pushes him on his back. It's one of his favorite games
- knocking over blocks
- taking everything out of his discovery bin, chewing on it, and setting it behind him
- grabbing faces, including the faces of his little baby friends. uh oh
- dropping things on the floor
- taking off his bib while eating
- trying to squeeze his one applesauce into his mouth
- chewing books
- closing books
- scooting around naked
- stealing the guitar from Daddy and smacking it
- putting on sleeves
- being away from mama (serious separation anxiety over here!)
- sitting still
- getting in the carseat (but is happy once he is all strapped in!)
Milestones and Firsts:
- He is a very good scooter these days! He can only scoot backwards but he can scoot all the way across a room!
- He is starting to push up onto his knees more and more and can hold a hands and knees position for a few seconds. He is getting close to crawling!
- He can sit by himself for probably 20 minutes and hardly ever falls over while sitting.
- He can start to crawl up onto our laps if we are sitting on the floor.
- He is starting to be able to hold his sippy cup and drink water by himself.
- His dexterity has drastically improved! He can take his pacifier in and out easily, he can grab his round, smooth ball and he can pass things from one hand to the other.
- He is babbling and making sounds that sound more and more like words, like "hi!" and "DaDa"
- He is developing a sense of humor and likes to do things that make people laugh.
- He knows who is friends are and smiles at them!
- He blows bubbles constantly and thinks it is hilarious.
- First time sitting in the shopping cart!
- The way he held Daddy's hand while staring at the fire the first fall morning we had a fire going.
- The way he leaned way back in his Ergo to look at the sharks in the shark tunnel at the aquarium.
- The way he looked so calm and peaceful snuggling with Mr. Penguin and Uncle Makena after his nap while Makena babysat for the first time.
- The time he was waking up all night whining but then stopped whining and just started singing and smacking my arm.
- The way he growled in the car while chewing his banana toothbrush.
- The time he scooted backwards off the blanket during naked time so he was on the hardwood floor completely naked and laughing.
- The time we hiked Rob's Trail and his babbling sounded like he was saying "hi" to all the trees. I'm pretty sure he was.
- The way he reaches for me to hold him now.
- The time he sat in Tutu's lap and just chewed on his elephant as content as can be.
- The time he chomped Daddy's hand and then laughed really loud when Daddy said "ouch!"
- The way his face gets really, really wide when he smiles. I don't even understand how it gets so wide.
- The time we were trick-or-treating on Main Street and he stroked Bindi's face and tried to chew her tutu and she just smiled and blew bubbles.
- The way he says "yea" when we ask him a question.
- The time we were eating lunch at Wasatch Bagel and he was lounging in the high chair, leaning back with one arm across the back of the chair, blowing bubbles and watching football.
- The time I was snuggling him to get him to fall asleep for his nap and he put his whole hand on my face and Daddy asked "What are you doing to Mommy's face?" and Jude laughed and pushed my face harder.
- The time Jude kept taking his pacifier out to blow bubbles and then would put his pacifier back in to blow bubbles with it in and just kept taking it in and out, blowing bubbles the whole time.
- The time at Stewart Falls that McKai shared his stick with Jude and they kept passing it back and forth.
- The time Jude watched McKai eat his squeeze apple sauce all by himself and then tried to grab his one apple sauce from my hand and squeeze it himself!
- The time we were doing family yoga and Jude kept pushing his feet into my hips to help hold me up in upward dog.
- The way he grabs our faces with his slobbery hands.
- The time Otto leaned towards Jude to give him a kiss and they nuzzled their foreheads together.
- The way he squeals and kicks like crazy when Daddy gets home from work.
- The time I pulled him out of his crib and he was still asleep and just snuggled on Daddy's chest like when he was a tiny newborn.
- The way he babbles and it sounds like "Hi, Da."
- How excited and smiley he got when I got home from yoga training.